This summer I applied and was rehired for a full-time Lecturer position in Philosophy for up to three years at Gonzaga University. I am so glad that I get to stay in Spokane a while longer, to continue my work in Philosophy and Leadership Studies and with the Gonzaga Institute for Hate Studies at Gonzaga University, as well as to continue my broader community work in the Spokane area.
- I will be giving an invited zoom lecture on the dangers of antisemitic conspiracy theories against the Frankfurt School, for the Bündnis Gegen Antisemitismus (Alliance Against Antisemitism), based in Cologne, Germany.
- I will conduct a training for teachers and staff at an elementary school on countering white nationalist recruitment in schools.
- Together with Devin Shaw (author of Philosophy of Antifascism), I will be presenting on resisting fascism in an online “Radical Philosophy Hour” for the Radical Philosophy Association.
- I will be speaking at the International Herbert Marcuse Society conference, Radical Philosophy Association conference, and International Conference on Hate Studies.
A few other pieces of news:
- Kieran Durkin and I received this review of our recent book on Erich Fromm in Thesis Eleven Journal: Book Review: Erich Fromm’s Critical Theory: Hope, Humanism, and the Future | thesis eleven
- A recording of the panel I was on earlier this summer for the Washington State Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs is available here: https://www.facebook.com/293317020368/videos/824545714934043
- I was elected Secretary of my local (Spokane) chapter of Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) and am looking forward to participating in more in-person activist opportunities again.